KA2: “From Seed to Spoon”
KA2 – Cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices
KA201 – Strategic Partnerships for school education
From 01-09-2019 to 31-08-2022
Catholic University of Piacenza, UCSC (coordinator, IT)
- Institute of Vocational Education Training IEK MORFI (GR)
- I.S.I.S.S. Secondary School Magnaghi-Solari Salsomaggiore Terme (IT)
- Parks and Biodiversity Management Authority –Western Emilia – Ente di Gestione per i Parchi e la Biodiversità Emilia Occidentale (IT)
- Parma Municipality (IT)
- Liceul Tehnologic Nicolae Balcescu (Alexandria Romania)
- DinglegymnasietAB- Upper secondary school in the green sector (Sweden)
- OpenTEA- start-up company (development of e-learning courses (IT)
Bee Curious Cretan team movie
The benefits bees give in our health as well as our planet are priceless!!! It was a journey full of knowledge and experiences with the best team ” Bee curious Cretan team” with the help of the ” Erasmus+ From seed to spoon” that guided us to create and share with you these moments we lived.
#fromseedtospoon #Iekmorfi #erasmuslife #erasmusplusproject #erasmusstudent #thanksforall#enrichinglives #openingminds
Εrasmus KA201 – From Seed to Spoon Catholic University of Piacenza, UCSC (coordinator, IT)
1.Institute of Vocational Education Training IEK MORFI (GR)
2. I.S.I.S.S. Secondary School Magnaghi-Solari Salsomaggiore Terme (IT)
3. Parks and Biodiversity Management Authority –Western Emilia – Ente di Gestione per i Parchi e la Biodiversità Emilia Occidentale (IT)
4. Parma Municipality (IT)
5. Liceul Tehnologic Nicolae Balcescu (Alexandria Romania)
6. DinglegymnasietAB- Upper secondary school in the green sector (Sweden)
7. OpenTEA- start-up company (development of e-learning courses ( IT) We are very excited to tell you that 50 students of IEK MORFI have participated at “The world we live in” course! The course is part of the Erasmus + project “From Seed to Spoon” in which IEK MORFI is participating. It was composed of 6 modules. Our trainers had 2 weeks for completing each module. Module 1: Love Biodiversity Module 2: Ecosystems Module 3: Ecosystem Services Module 4: Insects Module 5: Ecosystem Services Module 6: Let’s continue learning! “The world we live in” e-learning course is one of the main components of the European project “From Seed to Spoon”. “From Seed to Spoon” is an educational project on the food supply chain developed for high school students whose final aim is the promotion of ecosystem services and sustainable agriculture in cities and peri-urban natural areas in different European Countries. This course aims to provide students with preliminary knowledge on different aspects of our natural world, how it works, and how we relate to it. Students will have the chance to further improve this knowledge through in-person exchange visits. At the end of the course, we would like students to be more aware of how nature is part of us, and we are part of it, deeply. We hope students will become more curious about what surrounds them, what food they eat and where it comes from, what role nature plays in our daily life, where nature hides, even in the busy cities we live in. Nature is not just decoration, rather, it is required for an adequate physical, psychological, and social development and we must respect it and re-learn to live in harmony with it.
We live in a world where many creatures surrounding us, are producing essential things for our nutrition, well-being and in general our everyday life. As human beings on this planet, we have the obligation to think of ways on how we can exploit these useful products without harming these creatures or disturb the environment. For our video we chose to make a documentary on “Bees”. Bees are insects that produce, propolis, royal jelly, pollen, honey and bee wax. We use honey in many of our products that covers our dietary or skin and hair care, but did you know that we use bee wax more than honey? Bee-wax consists mainly of esters, fatty acids and various long-chain alcohols. You can find bee-wax on candles, polishing products, food to preserve them, as a waterproof protection, on skin care cosmetics and so more. On this video we will talk with an owner of bee hotels, who will guide us through his journey, starting on how he took the decision of this endeavour up to how he uses bee wax to create beauty products. You will also see, tasty recipes with honey and a cosmetician that will use bee-wax based products for skin treatment. We will also see a traditional cretan recipe which is served with honey. Our goal on this project is to comprehend the importance of having bees in our lives and how we can create a co-existence place without harming the planet we live in.